Thursday, January 22, 2009

NSA Spying Story Disturbing

A disturbing story is bubbling up in the recent days about the National Security Agency (NSA) allegedly spying without warrant on American citizens.

Keith Olbermann is not my favorite guy, but I have to say that tonight I sat riveted by the program Countdown as he reported on allegations that the NSA illegally obtained information about ordinary Americans, particularly journalists.

This may be another example of how, as I mentioned earlier, speed limits in our laws get pushed. Give the government the power to spy on foreign nationals in the U.S. (who do not enjoy the same constitutional protections) and you run the risk that gung-ho security types will abuse that power.

I'm going to be waiting and watching on this one, especially when the whistleblower, Russell Tice (seen in the video below), and others in the security business go before Congress to tell what they know.





No comments:

Post a Comment