Friday, January 9, 2009

Musical Artist Friday: Anders Trentemøller

Today, instead of writing about the latest political nonsense, I'm discussing music. More of this important subject matter to follow(!)

One of my favorite artists, among the many, is Anders Trentemøller. He creates some beautiful, amazingly layered music. I won't put a label on it. Many people do. I'll just say I love his stuff.

This piece, "Moan" is from the album "The Last Resort." (Note the use of singing birds to enhance the ambient backgrounds of the instrumental version song - along with various snaps, crackles and pops that are characteristic of his style.)

Below are the instrumental, and then vocal versions of the same song. The music video for the latter, complete with silly Soviet era imagery, is quite fun. It's also hauntingly beautiful, with the vocal support of Ane Trolle.) Check him out on YouTube when you get a chance. And buy his stuff.



2 comments:

  1. This is a cool idea! I hope you make Musical Artist Friday a regular feature. In the age of iTunes et al, it's easy to get tapped into new music, provided someone points you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you CSR. Something different. Music is one of the best things you can share, I think. I love learning about new artists.

    ReplyDelete