Thursday, February 12, 2009

Did David Letterman Deliberately Abuse a Mentally Unstable Joaquin Phoenix?

Was David Letterman really the aggrieved party in his odd interview with Joaquin Phoenix? (Phoenix, who everyone knew from media reports, might be suffering from mental illness?) It seems to me that Letterman was somewhat prepared for what he got, and was equally ready to mock someone who could be mentally ill. (Even if it was a a "put on," as has been suggested, does David Letterman have a responsibility to his audience not to appear to be abusing the mentally ill? I never liked Brother Theodore on Letterman for the same reason.)

You lost me for good Dave, and I've been a fan from the beginning.

Should Letterman or Sean Hannity or the View really have had on Rod Blagojevich? It seems to me that our media heroes deserve some scorn sometime for the things they bring before us.

More Sully, less exploitation please.

No comments:

Post a Comment