Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Favorite (Internet) Radio Station

Okay, I'm one of those people who grew up listening to Three Dog Night on a transistor A.M. radio, and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

My love of music and ability to have control over the dial is probably why it seemed so cool. So, you can only imagine the heaven that I am in now that we have glorious Internet radio, on platforms such as Live365.com, Pandora.com, Yahoo! Launchcast and more. Not to mention tons of archived music video on YouTube et al.

My absolute favorite Internet radio station is called modernera.fm. Someone in San Francisco has exquisite musical taste, and programs the songs all day long on the Live365 platform for a nominal fee. In return, they cover all his permissions, royalties etc. What a great time to be alive.

Modernera.fm features classical, jazz and ambient music from the 20th and 21st centuries. It's truly been an horizon-expanding experience for me, as I have enjoyed great artists such as Brian Eno, William Orbit, The Aqua Velvets, Blue Man Group and more. I've even bought some of the tracks I've heard via download or CD.

Modernera.fm is just one of millions of burgeoning new stations on these exciting Internet platforms. Long live Internet Radio!

No comments:

Post a Comment